Dave wrote:
> I have used two different Sata compact flash adapters.

Thanks much for the data!
> I'm not a fan of WD drives.   I have had problems with them.   Seagates
> seem to be much more reliable.

Yeah, the WD drive on my kid's computer had a failure in the power-off
head locking mechanism.
I had to open it up to defeat that feature, but may have scratched the
disks while messing with it.
Sometime I'll have to try to recover the data.  That kind of stuff
shouldn't happen.

I am a lot more careful about backing up MY systems.

Jon