On Wednesday, July 27, 2011 10:15:16 AM Mark Wendt did opine:

> On 07/26/2011 11:30 PM, gene heskett wrote:
> >> He was
> >> a fond collector of BMW Isetta 3 wheeled cars also.  (No kidding)
> >
> > Now that was a cute concept, even almost sensible, but wasn't at all
> > safe in the long run.  Too much mechanical monkey business with that
> > front door that carried the steering and such.  I might, if I had
> > indoor storage, see if I could find one that hadn't been smunched or
> > rusted&  keep it for antique shows, trailering it back&  forth     .
> >
> > Today, I think the Carrara, also a 3 wheeler that I understand you
> > need to be schooled in driving before they will sell you one, may be
> > both better built and safer.  I personally am not at all comfortable
> > on something that looks like a bike, but doesn't roll into the
> > corners.  I tried to get used to driving the nephews 4 wheelers
> > around his dairy farm, can't do it, the old biker instinct to steer
> > into the lean can't be gotten away from when you've half a million
> > miles on 2 wheels on your personal log.  That, and the thumb
> > throttle, dumbest thing I ever saw.
> > Cheers, gene
>
> Top Gear's Jeremy Clarkson did an epsiode on one of those three wheelers
> - wasn't the BMW but a Reliant Robin.  Funnier'n hell.  Here's the video
>
> clip of it:
> > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQh56geU0X8
>
> Mark

ROTFLMAO!  But the beemer/Isetta had the wide stance up front, so I _think_
it was a little more stable in the corners.  In fact, I can imagine doing a
little steering with the throttle under the right conditions.

Cheers, gene
God shows his contempt for wealth by the kind of person he selects to
receive it.
                -- Austin O'Malley