So - I have some cylinders that need to be bored and was thinking to my
self - it would be cool to try out G95 so that if I want to slow/speed
up the spindle speed I will still be taking the same amount of material
out (say .001" per rev)

I just thought I would hook motion.spindle-speed-in to**the velocity
output from the spindle encoder that I am using for rigid tapping.
(1024 line - so the scale of the encoder is set to 4096)  And it works
just great for rigid tapping

The thing is - the velocity out of the mesa encoder seems to be 1/1000
of rpm.  Which makes no sense to me.  So if the rpm is set to 300rpm -
the velocity pin of the encoder counter is outputting .300ish.  Should
it not be 5?  (5rps)

I am stumped

sam