Andy;
Sorry for being cryptic. The 1:1 isolation transformer you considered.

It could be a step up or step down if you wanted different DC voltage.
Consider that the DC output of the rectifier and filter will be about
1.5 times the AC voltage
Hook the input power to the transformer input leads only. Then your DC
output is isolated to hook to the machine as needed, plus or negative or
neither to the machine chassis.
The transformer must be dual independent (isolated) windings. Most
transformers are this type. Auto transformers are not usable. They attach
the primary and secondary internally, sometimes called Buck and Boost
transformer's and usually have multiple taps along a single winding.
Hope this helps.

I had this ready 2 hours ago, before the big interrupt.
Hope it's not redundant.
    Don