Andy, I'm reading about the SMI patch right now. I installed a clean copy
of the ubuntu 10.04 live cd with emc 2.4.3 and I really don't know if this
one comes already patched, even more this is the first time I read about
the patch. I've been really busy between college and work and didn't have
the time to read about emc lately. Apart from that, the machine is working
quite well, some burned chinese stepper drives but nothing serious :).

Erik and Andy, I'll try to find that kind of adapters to see how they work,
since there's a lot easier to buy a new motherboard than find the old ones.
I wanted to know about express cards behaviour on notebooks but It will be
by far off topic.