> We have the squaring part working.  We send a simultaneous signal to each
> Granite drive and it homes to a hard stop and comes off a fixed amount.
It is
> repeatable to no worse than 0.002, often better (lte 0.001).

You can do exactly the same thing with EMC.  If you did it with EMC, then
you can use the index pulses to home and square.  This would be repeatable
to the nearest encoder tick.  The only danger is if one axis hits the index
pulse almost one full motor revolution before the other, and one motor
revolution moves than the 3/4" racking limit.

This set up is the last thing I need to do on my gantry.  Hopefully I'll
have time this weekend.