On 11/06/2011 10:36 PM, Scott Hasse wrote:
> I am working on the finishing touches of an Anilam 1100 knee mill
> conversion to EMC2, with details here:
>
> http://code.google.com/p/sector67-sandbox/wiki/ProjectSheetCake
>
> Over the last couple of months our spindle VFD (a Compumotor SpindleBlok)
> has faulted 5 or 6 times
I have a Magnetek VFD and it has a relay that signals fault.  I wired it
in series with my
E-top switches, servo amp fault relays, etc.  It works fine to stop the
machine when
the drive shuts down.  (When I started doing rigid tapping that requires
the spindle
to reverse several times a minute it started tripping a LOT, I finally
found out that the
"electronic overheat" error meant it thought the motor was overheatin g
due to all the reversals.
I turned that feature off as the Bridgeport motor is made to take plug
reversing all day long.

If you have a normally-closed E-stop switch, just put the NC contacts on
the VFD in
series with it.

Jon