On Mon, 2011-11-14 at 16:06 +0330, Farzin Kamangar wrote:
> Hello, dear EMC users;
>       Considering the tool changing process, is there a way to send some
> movement commands from PLC to CNC?

I'm not familiar with PLC's but they should at the very least have pins
that can set or clear bits. You can connect these pins to parallel port
pins. Different bits can be predetermined commands, positions or
movement. If the PLC has Modbus or some sort of serial port, this can be
used for non-realtime movements and commands. Modbus is common for
connecting VFD's. Search the wiki for "Modbus" and "VFD".

> I have entered the TOOL_CHANGE_POSITION and TOOL_CHANGE_QUILL_UP in the INI
> file and in the EMCIO section. This is fine and causes the tool go to the
> tool change
> position. Now I need to move an axis towards the tool changer,

This is a problem.

>  orient the
> spindle,

This most likely can be done with HAL components pwmgen, limit3 and
encoder.

>  open the tool collet,

Simple parallel port bit pin?

>  move the tool changer carrousel to the old
> tool position, put the old tool
> back in its position, move the carrousel to the new tool position,

pwmgen, limit3 and encoder again.

>  grab the
> tool, close the tool collet and go back to the cutting area to continue. I
> was wondering how these
> actions could be done without using subroutine calls in the Gcode?
... snip

Custom comp or Classic Ladder.

--
Kirk Wallace