Kent, from this descrition I gather that it's actaually only one clock,
the one running in vacuum. The other clock is just for separation from
the outside world in order to keep away all disturbances. Two questions
arise for me:

- How is the vacuum pendulum adjusted in the first place to 200 us per
day? By lots of trial an error, like me turning the nut on the
pendulum's shaft end hopefully?  Evacuate each time anew?

- How is the motion of the pendulum detected without disturbance?  You
know, the old Heisenberg stuff... I can't imagine that mechanical
contacts can be made completely free of reflexes to the pendulum. What
kind of electric signals are transmitted in the "wires"?

Peter