On Thu, 2011-11-17 at 20:56 -0600, Jon Elson wrote:
> Kent A. Reed wrote:
> > Well, I certainly never heard of this until now, and I spent a fair
> > amount of time reading the docs when you were first talking about the
> > Beagle Board. Now I don't feel so bad that some time ago I got tired of
> > waiting on results from Torsten and decided to build the BB I bought
> > into a pedestrian, non-real time project.
> >
> 240 ns is not a killer!  That is still faster than the PC parallel port,
> if it is used right.
> But, it sure slows down what the OMAP COULD be capable of doing.
>
> Jon

I wonder if another processor would be better? The System-on-chip
processors seem to have the same problems as common PC processors in
that they incorporate features to cater to media and Internet
applications. Maybe a server or DSP processor would be better?

--
Kirk Wallace
http://www.wallacecompany.com/E45/index.html