Each night I backup my EMC machine home directory to a different computer
If I leave EMC running I get 'ERROR: Unexpected realtime delay'
The rsync cronjob causes this
I have varied time and disabled job so I am sure of this
I use 'rsync -vcupotrile ssh' and the files copied are

sending incremental file list
.d..t...... emc2/configs/FireballCNCV90/
<fcst...... emc2/configs/FireballCNCV90/emc.var
<fcst...... emc2/configs/FireballCNCV90/emc.var.bak

sent 540302 bytes  received 497188 bytes  3907.68 bytes/sec
total size is 4510283718  speedup is 4347.30

Other than 'don't do that' any suggestions

And a side note, I use pretty much stock LiveCD install
I use Gnome but hate it and KDE, too bloated and slow
I would vote for XFCE
I use it at the office on Centos

Richard