I happen to have a disk motor here in my workshop museum that apparently
uses the same principle, about 12 cm diam., very flat. It runs without
electronics, so I supposed it had brushes inside. The rotor must be also
etched from a disk of sheet copper, simply plane, rotating between two
rings of magnets, with very little inertia.  I haven't found an
application for it yet, though. The housing is riveted and I hate to
open it just for curiosity -:)

Peter