Hi Sebastian

 > Just out of curiosity, what were the problems with using emcrsh?

Right now my super simple program tracks the digitiser and once it is
moved by 0.5 mm it sends the new coordinates as a g01 command to the
mill. So if I move the digitiser faster than the mill can follow a
buffer in emcrsh buffers the commands and they will be executed later,
following the exact (+/-0.5mm) trace.

I'd rather prefer a behaviour like the one of the mouse courser on
screen. If you move you mouse to fast the tracing resolution is
decreasing, so there are longer linear path segments with more time for
the mill to accelerate and speed up. My bee I'll try to use time-inverse
feed rate specification mode for the next test. This might improve this
behaviour.

Another problem with the buffer in emcrsh is that it seams to be rather
small, just big enough for a few hundred commands. Once this buffer runs
over emcrsh terminates.

In addition to these aspects I think that the idear of trying to read
the digitiser trace as a polygon and mill this polygon using G01
commands is not the beset way, though playing with G64 might improve it.
I have the feeling that I could create a more "natural feeling" with
both high dynamic and accuracy by feeding a continues stream of
digitiser coordinate (I could poll the digitiser ever 50 ms) directly to
HAL and treat this as an input signal for a PID controller that controls
the mill. This approach would also open the way to further extension
like force feedback [1]. I guess setting the feedback forse proportional
to the p-component of the PID controller would give good results.

See you
Flo

[1] I'm looking for a used Sensable Phantom, buy the way. Mail me if you
have an unused device you might want to sell.