On 12 December 2011 12:48, Francesca Sca <fancy_...@yahoo.it> wrote:

> I would like to change puma560gui.py for the custom of the simulation of my
> robot. I go in emc2-dev/src/hal/user_comps/vismach and edit the file
> puma560gui.py. I save it and recompile

You probably don't need to recompile (though I would wait for someone
with a clue about Python to make a definitive statement on that)
Python is interpreted, not compiled.

I am not sure how Vismach finds the files, but it might be worth
looking in your HAL file to see if there is an explicit path.

One way to save confusion might be to change the name of one of the
files, put your edits in there, then use the new name in the HAL file.

--
atp
The idea that there is no such thing as objective truth is, quite simply, wrong.

Learn Windows Azure Live!  Tuesday, Dec 13, 2011