I tried to get a fingerVU 436 (480x272) working...

http://www.soundgraph.com/fingervu436-feature-en

I wanted to stick it into a pendant.

All the USB monitors seem to use the displaylink drivers.  You'll need to
google for the drivers and follow the instructions to install them.  The
drivers didn't work properly for the small display - it seemed to get the
dimensions wrong and wrap the lines.

Others have had success.  I don't know how responsive the monitors are.

Learn Windows Azure Live!  Tuesday, Dec 13, 2011