From: gene heskett [mailto:ghesk...@wdtv.com]
Sent: Thursday, December 29, 2011 10:42 AM
To: emc-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: [Emc-users] Transformer Question

On Thursday, December 29, 2011 01:36:19 PM Clint Washburn did opine:

> What type of transformer would someone use to connect to the American
> Split-Phase 240 volt system to get 100-110 volt output?  Would one
> like this work?

> http://www.ebay.com/itm/Nunome-2-5-KVA-Transformer-/110344460317?pt=BI
> _C ircu it_Breakers_Transformers&hash=item19b10ad81d

Yes, but I have to ask why?  You already have 127vac with one leg grounded,
the std voltage here, just by plugging whatever into the nearest duplex
socket on the wall.

How many amps does this pull? 15 for a normal duplex, twenty for the inline
slot version that has 10 guage in the wall, beyond that you would need to
have another branch circuit installed.

Cheers, Gene
In good speaking, should not the mind of the speaker know the truth of the
matter about which he is to speak?
                -- Plato