On Mon, 2012-01-09 at 13:57 -0800, Kirk Wallace wrote:
... snip
> > This means, as Kent discovered, you can create a minimal linux installation,
> > that is pretty much dedicated to running emc.  Then use a remote connection
> > to display axis on another machine.
>
> I would like to try an EMC setup that has no video card and the on-board
> video disabled. My very dated experience has been that I could not get
> the computer to boot. Otherwise, if I stopped X, even the text only
> configuration of EMC2 would not run. This was quite a while ago, maybe I
> missed something or the software has changed to allow this now. Maybe,
> I've gotten smarter since then (ya right), and should try again.

Well, my Intel ITX D201GLY board is perfectly happy to boot without a
keyboard and mouse, with the monitor cable unplugged. There is no BIOS
setting for disabling the on-board video. Thinking a little more, I
would most likely have the EMC2 computer mounted in the logic cabinet
with a 7 inch display in the cover, but it's nice to know I have the
option.
--
Kirk Wallace
http://www.wallacecompany.com/E45/index.html