Chris Radek wrote:
> In the spring of 2011, the LinuxCNC Board of Directors was contacted
> by a law firm representing EMC Corporation (www.emc.com) about the use
> of "EMC" and "EMC2" to identify the software offered on linuxcnc.org.
> EMC Corporation has registered various trademarks relating to EMC and
> EMC^2 (EMC with superscripted numeral two).

Who knows if EMC will still exist by the time we finish this conversion?
(Just that there is so much corporate merging going on.....)

The only downside is the confusion factor, there are thousands of people who
have heard of our EMC2 as another CNC control program, and now will not
know what happened to it.  For instance, there is an EMC forum on CNCZone.
I suppose that needs to be renamed, too.

Jon