On 1/17/2012 10:31 PM, Jack Coats wrote:
> IMHO, we need to keep references to EMC and EMC2 on the web site as
> 'historical artifacts', and also reference the NIST project that
> started the initial 'Enhanced Machine Controller' project and named
> it. Like in http://www.isd.mel.nist.gov/projects/rcslib/emc_links.html
>
> It will also allow links from around the internet and search engines
> to still logically link back to LinuxCNC in the future.
>
> I doubt EMC Corp would have issue with that, since it is for
> 'educational and historical' purposes.
>
> Just some thoughts.

Seems natural enough to do, Jack. As Chris said in his announcement this
transition occurs with V2.5.0. Just now on the EMC Developers mail list
I suggested we should give notice right on the home page (which you may
note has already been changed) that this rebranding is occurring as of a
specific date and version.

The Wayback Machine will preserve the past even if we don't, but we
don't have to deny our past. We should celebrate it for what it was and
move on.

Regards,
Kent