Am 23.01.2012 um 03:16 schrieb Scott Hasse:

> I understand where you are coming from.  Word order is not important as
> long as you understand how things will be interpreted, and that
> understanding matches what actually happens.

I think that point alone would make a pretty printer useful.

During work on the interpreter I added about half a dozen of distinct execution
phases to
http://www.linuxcnc.org/docs/devel/html/gcode/overview.html#sec:Order-of-Execution
 by reading the code. It's now *26* phases for executing a block. There might
be a genius out there who looks at a block and divines the execution order
according to that list, and I'm not one of those.

--

re tools:

my past experience *) is mostly with yacc-type tools but looking around it
seems there are few options for parser generators which are a) usable from
c/c++ and Python and b) are maintained and widely used. ANTLR seems to support
both c and python.

sell me on it ;) is there a good non-Java, python and/or c++ parser example for
a simple language so I understand what we'd be getting into?

-Michael

*;-)
http://www.worldcat.org/title/task-sequencing-language-for-specifying-distributed-ada-systems-tsl-1/oclc/123326453