I have followed this thread for a day or two, but I cannot understand
what would be achieved by the parsing. The beauty of gcode is its
simplicity, a whole block is read and decoded before any action is
taken, so why is word order important?
Are you looking for:
Letter codes without values, or values without letter codes?
Wrong type values?
Motion with zero speed set?

I am currently working on a gcode reader in 'C' for a small 3-axis
machine, and wonder if I am missing something?

John Harris
E-Mail jdhhar...@customstage.net