Just my view.

I would think that LinuxCNC could do fine as is for the next few years.
If one is energetic enough, there is plenty of documentation and support
to get a CNC conversion done. There are plenty of flaws and
contradictory sources, but someone with reasonable skills should be able
to sort through it with a reasonable amount of effort and time. If I can
do it, most anyone with enough motivation can do it.

Also, it seems to me that the growth of LinuxCNC has been dependent on
some very bright lone wolves. I would prefer to see a structure that
would allow more people to become involved in in smaller ways. This
would require the involvement of people with more of an interest in
project management. So far, LinuxCNC has more of a leaderless Occupy
style format.

My guess is that a management element might be possible if we could get
more users on the board. That may require some lurkers to become more
active. Hopefully this could be done without changing all of the good
parts that already exist. Knowing when the next board elections are
planned, would help.

LinuxCNC will grow if the interest is there _and_ acted upon, otherwise
it is still a pretty darn good thing.

Just my view.
--
Kirk Wallace