On 24 January 2012 13:47, Sven Wesley <svenne.d...@gmail.com> wrote:

> 3. There are too many info channels! Close down the forum on the LinuxCNC
> website ASAP! It doesn't work, Google can't make correct forward links and
> some browsers fail to show it. There is an active forum at cnczone

I disagree. I don't like the linuxcnc forum particularly (I don't
really like forums in general) but it is the first port of call for
help for many new users. Many folk do go straight to the website of a
package they have downloaded and look for the forum.
The LinuxCNC forum shows 14,000 posts to 8,000 for the cnczone one.
I (personally) find the cnczone forum rather hard to find, at the end
of a very long list, and I don't think that the sub-forums are broken
down small enough.
I agree that it is a pity that the activity is split between two
forums, but I don't think that closing either of them down is the
right solution.

I wonder if there is any way to link them?

--
atp
The idea that there is no such thing as objective truth is, quite simply, wrong.