On Sat, 28 Jan 2012, Viesturs L?cis wrote:

Date: Sat, 28 Jan 2012 21:03:57 +0200
From: "[UTF-8] Viesturs L?cis" <viesturs.la...@gmail.com>
To: "Enhanced Machine Controller (EMC)" <emc-users@lists.sourceforge.net>
Subject: Re: [Emc-users] Servo tuning - wtf?

2012/1/28 Viesturs L??cis <viesturs.la...@gmail.com>:
2012/1/28 Peter C. Wallace <p...@mesanet.com>:

You could also verify that the Hall signals connected to
the BLDC component are identical for the working and non working
axis (with HALMeter) as you slowly rotate the motor shaft (with 0 P)

I will just switch off motor power, Hall and encoder power is supplied
from PC PSU, so it will remain.

I will report back in a minute.

I watched all 3 hall signals for both bldc components - the one that
works and the one of nonworking. The signal changing order is the
same.
At first I turned each motor so that hall1 is true, remaining 2 are
false. Then I very slowly turned the working motor until any signal
changed (hall3 went true), so then I very slowly turned nonworking
motor until any signal changed status. And all the time they matched
(X is true, blank is false):
hall1  hall2  hall 3
  X                 X
            X       X
  X        X

Can you verify that in addition your raw encoder count the same way?

Peter Wallace
Mesa Electronics

(\__/)