On Fri, 3 Feb 2012 08:11:28 -0600, you wrote:

>I am replying to Ted's message but my comments are agreeing with Ted and
>against whomever made the comments Ted responded to.
>
>> On 2/3/2012 3:19 AM, emc-users-requ...@lists.sourceforge.net wrote:
>> > Beware - of these gotcha's

>Heh - I've been running NC/CNC machines for 32 years.

Snap

> I have operated
>machines with jog in feed hold available. It is useful in so few situations
>that it is not an issue to put much time into.

Do you do much turning? Or milling plastic?

As for putting time in - I believe it has been done, but the addition
was refused.

>I must agree taper pipe thread pitch is measured along the axis of the
>thread. The LinuxCNC application is able to do this with a little math. The
>LinuxCNC appplication can do more. Enough said.

Both my CAM systems have thread tables built in, if I want a 2inch BSP
thread, I simply select that - They both create the code and cut
correctly with every other controller except LinuxCNC. To use either,
the thread has to be custom programmed. There is no facility to add a
Cos type mathematical correction into the post processors.

Instead of a two minute job, it becomes a two hour one.

Steve Blackmore