On 6 February 2012 16:09, Erik Friesen <e...@aercon.net> wrote:

> I have been looking pretty close at the pico systems board, however, as of
> yet I am not clear how to integrate spindle amps monitoring with it.  I
> also want to monitor vaccum for a holddown system.
>
> On Mon, Feb 6, 2012 at 9:02 AM, Greg Bernard <yankeelena2...@yahoo.com
> >wrote:
>
> > Jon Elson's Universal Stepper Controller will take care of the encoders
> > for you: http://pico-systems.com/univstep.html. Many devices including
> > the very inexpensive Teensy board can manage the HID.

Ther are some very nice vacuum gauges on RS components. They are
differential so you can apply pressure or vacuum. 0-5V linear output. Low
cost too. You could make a simple PWM driver out of it, to read the pulse
width with EMC, or use comparators to measure a threshold. If that's too
much PT you might be able to jury rig a simple temperature controller to
read the analog and switch a relay output.

Look up RS part; 719-1093

Regards
Roland