On Feb 13, 2012, at 7:29 AM, Viesturs Lācis wrote:

> In wiki I did not see any file for a diagram, but HAL file comment says:
> # Define Singals (see block diagram for comments)

I see you found the logic diagra.

> 2) I have another 2 questions about the servo motors. Do I understand
> correctly from the link in wiki page that You have brushed DC servo
> motors? And what is approximate travel distance on x and y joints for
> a full turn of motor?

Yes, they are brushed DC servos.    We talk about the distance in the Motors
section. We have the Keling KL-34GH101 10:1 gearboxes on the X and Y joints
(http://kelinginc.net/CNCGEARBOX.html) with a 2" diameter pinion gear. 1 rev
moves the truck 0.6283”.

> 3) Any particular reason to run the servo drives in step/dir mode? In
> Granite Devices homepage I see that the drives accept also pwm signal,
> which can be created in Mesa card just as easily as step signals.

We started with step/dir on the Geckos and since the Granite's accept that we
just stuck with it.  We had some issues with noise and tuning that may be
related to using step/dir and at one point I was tempted to try PWM but it just
never happened and we worked out our issues.  I am curious about it, but not
sure if I am curious enough to spend the time.  Perhaps at some point in the
future...

> Thanks and congratulations on finishing such a nice and pretty
> sophisticated project!

Thanks,
Tom