I have only a little experience as a user of cut simulation, but the times I've
used it, it's been integrated with the CAM rather than with the machine
control.  It's when you're designing the cuts that cutsim is most useful, IMO.
I wonder if Dan Falck's FreeCAD+OpenCamLib work would be a useful place to add
it?

Sebastian Kuzminsky