On Thu, Feb 16, 2012 at 4:49 PM, Sebastian Kuzminsky <s...@highlab.com> wrote:
> I have only a little experience as a user of cut simulation, but the times
> I've used it, it's been integrated with the CAM rather than with the machine
> control.  It's when you're designing the cuts that cutsim is most useful,
> IMO.  I wonder if Dan Falck's FreeCAD+OpenCamLib work would be a useful place
> to add it?

For the hand coders "in the cam package" is the wrong place
and also none of the usable open graphical cam packages do more than 3
axis milling that I know of.

I support the need to include cutsim in the machine display.
perhaps the work for vismach should be merged with cutsim
as our machines are all different and the stock we are cutting too
tool shapes are a can of worms for some, hot wire, form cutters etc

Dave Caroline