> gene heskett wrote:

I just checked, LinuxCNC will run over an ssh -X connection, but the
graphics
are MASSIVELY slow.  Once the Axis GUI is up, it isn't too bad, but it takes
30 seconds or more for it to come up the first time.  The repaint of the 3-D
preview takes a couple seconds.

Now, one detail is I have Open GL on the computer I am running the session
from,  I imagine that makes a difference.  Touchy or TKEmc would
work without Open GL.  Basically any computer that has LinuxCNC installed
should be able to run a remote version of LinuxCNC over an ssh connection.
Otherwise, it would need Open GL to handle the 3-D graphic window from
Axis.

Jon