Hello and thanks again for all your input of my previous subject.
I have read and contemplated your suggestions and followed most of
your links.
Now my intention is to establish a pilot project at my, I believe
coming employers place SMP

SMP can be freely translated to "Great Swamps Production Inc"
This is not an ordinary machine shop.
It is situated in Sweden, in the northern part of Europe called
Scandinavia far beyond any normal place for a company of this sort
(well, 5 km) like HERE
For a closer look please zoom in.

Yes, it is a former farm but what's inside the buildings are CNC and
other machines spread all over the place.
I do in fact find it quite amusing and believe I will be able to make
a contribution if the employment planning goes ahead as expected.
Part of my job will be CNC refurbishment ans that's part of why I'm
bothering all of you!

Anyway, my background is as a System Engineer in RTOS and electronics
etc, subjects I have studied and executed 22 years at FOI, a Swedish
defence research organisation.
I have also lately completed a govenment financed CNC course for
eight months focused on a CNC operator position who is assumed to be
in line with employer demands.

I will setup a site for the project as soon as the employment issues
are solved, I guess it will take a few months and I invite you all to
follow the development and even participate if you are interested.

I noticed Scott have a similar project within a Wisconsin educational
organisation and I believe I will use part of his approach.

Beyond that I will of course follow this list and try to contribute
to it's discussed subjects.

I may also mention I have done some work om AVRs recently and played
with a evaluation card named Butterfly doing some light C-programming
but no complete project.
I also have some various  AVR-processors inteneded for intergation in
custom HW.
Maybe there will be reason to kickstart that again, who knows?

/ Roger