I just converted one CNC router with steppers from OEM hardware controller
to PC with EMC2. Everything seems ok, but the milling speed when milling
relief is worse than before. I tried G61, G61.1 and G64, G64Pxxx, but either
I get too much vibrations / surface not clear enough or not enough speed,
compared to OEM solution.

I have several years of experience on CNC, steppers, controllers, software
like Mach3, turbocnc, etc. In my opinion speed when milling relief may be
lower because of different velocity profiles used. OEM controller and
turbocnc have such parameter as starting velocity. This is velocity, at
which motor can instantly run (I think it actually comes to controlled phase
in time without loosing a step). OEM solution had acceleration setting of
600mm/s2. The same setting on LinuxCNC makes machine too slow. Raising it to
1500 makes good speed, but too much vibrations.

Is there any possibility to config LinuxCNC to start axis at given starting
speed or set two levels of acceleration - one for slow speeds and one for
higher speeds?