On Fri, 6 Apr 2012 09:39:04 +0300, you wrote:

>I know such thing like feedrate (F in G-code), but don't know any parameter
>of velocity for combined moves. Does it exist? How is it called like and
>where to find it?

Sorry, my mistake it was angular moves.

The valid params in the ini file are

• MAX_VELOCITY = 5.0 - The maximum velocity for any axis or coordinated
move, in machine units per second. The value shown equals 300 units per
minute.

• MAX_ACCELERATION = 20.0 - The maximum acceleration for any axis or
coordinated axis move, in machine units per second per second.

I don't know if the behaviour for acceleration on combined moves is
different to other controllers? But I do know, even on straight line
moves Linux CNC's version of 400 mm/sec/sec is not the same as Mach's. I
don't know which one is correct.

However the look ahead in LinuxCNC is only 1 line and it seems you have
to have much larger values of P & Q parameters in G64 to get it to move
smoothly between line segments. It seems particularly worse on arc to
line, arc to arc and line to arc moves.  In case of the Q it has to be
approximately 10 times the value I set in Mach - that then becomes
unacceptable from an accuracy point of view.

>From reports it's OK with servos, but in my experience not so good with
steppers via parallel port.

>Regarding Mach3 - I think I will be forced to try it with this machine too.

Just don't try latest versions ;)

Steve Blackmore