16 квітня 2012 р. 17:45 Ralph Stirling <ralph.stirl...@wallawalla.edu>написав:

> Are you looking at the top of the board or the bottom?
> I believe the header should be
>
> 1 2
> 3 4
> 5 6
> 7 8
> 9 10
>
> from the top of the board.  6 is +5, 7 is A, 8 is B, 9 is index,
> and 10 is ground (as you observed).  If you have the pinout
> reversed, though, then they are all connected to the wrong
> pins.

I look from the top, like shown in manual. And pin 1 it's in the right
bottom corner.
I have different voltage at pin groups exactly according the manual. And I
have 5V at left middle pin.
By the way what is SENSEA and SENSEB inputs?

> I'm anxious for you to get beyond this encoder problem, because
> I'm eager to learn about driving linear motors from LinuxCNC and 7I43's.

That's not a big deal, I guess. At least I know that Andy and Viesturs had
their encoders working. Maybe it's really a pinout, but I'm 99% sure it's
not. Maybe just some incompatibility, though it's hard to believe too... RC
+ Shmitt can't break the signal too much. If I do not find a solution, I
connect the encoder directly to 7i43

I hope to be doing that myself in a few weeks, with some small linear
> motors I'm building.

I should say I was surprised how simple are these motors. Just a rod with
magnets inside, and several coils in the forcer. And this motor with
20x250mm rod and 40x40x90mm lenght forcer they sell for $500 or smth.
Now I think about making them myself. So any details on this would be
useful. Any links for your motors.

Andrew