Yep,  $80.00 to get it to Australia from China. About $300 to get it off
the ship to the depot. And about $250  to get it delivered 10Km away.

And they still can't work out why the West is uncompetitive.

Needless to say, I  usually pick it up from the depot myself.

Cheers,

Peter.

---------------------------
Peter Homann
http://www.homanndesigns.com/store

On Tue 17/04/12 12:04 PM , Dave  wrote:On 4/16/2012 9:54 PM, Ron Ginger
wrote:
 > On 4/16/2012 8:54 PM, emc-users-requ...@lists.sourceforge.net wrote:
 >
 >> That is what I suspected. I was working with a company in the US that
 >> made Casket/Coffin hardware. A strange business, but they were
 >> successful for 30+ years. They were located about 50 miles from a
 >> harbor in Chicago. The Chinese figured out their business and began
 >> delivering 40' containers loaded with Casket/Coffin hardware in
Chicago
 >> for less than what they could make the hardware for. Needless to say
 >> they went out of business.
 >>
 >> Dave
 >>
 > I was recently talking with a guy in the shipping industry. A 20ft
 > container, the basic unit of measure even though they now have 40ft
 > units, now costs $400 to ship from China to the US west coast. There
are
 > some variations depending on the contents, but that is the most common
 > price.
 >
 > At that rate the cost per unit of the stuff inside is essentially free.
 >
 > ron ginger

 That explains a lot.
 Ironically moving that container once it hits the coast costs a lot more
 than that.

 Dave

Yep