Pretty sure that the SOT 3 device will be a reverse voltage protection
diode for the opto LED diode. pf caps are not  usually termed big ones.

I would ecpect that the charge pump circuitry is on the other side of the
opto.

Cheers,

Peter.

---------------------------
Peter Homann
http://www.homanndesigns.com/store

On Mon 16/04/12 1:43 PM , Jon Elson  wrote:gene heskett wrote:
 > Looking at the scope traces, either the probe is way out of calibration
 > against the scopes own test square wave, or the 540 has a low value
series
 > resistor, 33-120 ohm range, with several hundred pf on the other side
of
 > the resistor as a noise filter on that input, and likely on all inputs
 > since engineers have a tendency to 'step & repeat' for that stuff.

 It was described earlier that the charge pump input to the G540 is
 capacitively
 coupled, and apparently has a large coupling cap. If it is driving the
 base of a
 BJT with the cap, that would require a pretty big one.

 Jon