On Mon, 7 May 2012 10:59:00 -0400
gene heskett <ghesk...@wdtv.com> wrote:

> On Monday, May 07, 2012 10:56:31 AM gene heskett did opine:
>
> > > No - My tool 1 is my reference and touch off tool, it has offsets
> > > of 0, 0, all other tools are referenced to that -  it's a CNMG
> > > type
> >
> > An acronym I'm not familiar with, but I expect google works ...
> >
> Yes, that is the insert style the Glanze uses.  80 degree rhombic, 7
> degree rake etc.  Costs too much. :(
>
> Cheers, Gene

Never buy new (from manufacturer) if you can get them on ebay, etc. ;-)
Sometimes the deals are good sometimes not. Every once in awhile
someone is selling a toolholder and 9 new inserts for some trial that
didn't work out. If your machine is stiff enough carbide works well. No
so good if it is elastic.

There are a few places that sell hss/D2, sometimes coated. However,
they are almost as expensive as the carbide. Hard to win. (npi)

Dave

Dave