On Tuesday, May 08, 2012 04:33:56 PM andy pugh did opine:

> On 8 May 2012 20:45, gene heskett <ghesk...@wdtv.com> wrote:
> > setp    pid.0.Pgain                     0
> > setp    pid.0.Igain                     1
> > setp    pid.0.Dgain                     1
> > setp    pid.0.maxoutput                 401 # to keep it from running
> > away
>
> I know that I-only is what the Wiki example uses, but I think it is
> wrong.
>
> I believe that FF0 + I is the way to go. WIth FF0 set to rpm/duty
> cycle and a much smaller I than you currently have to take up the
> error.

Would that not require a dynamic, dependent on speed, FF0 then?  Since rps
can easily go from .5 to 40 if its full speed capability is used.  That is
a fairly wide, and likely the topp 2/3rds of it never used, but...

Can this FF0 be derived from the encoder?

Thanks Andy.

Cheers, Gene
The worst is enemy of the bad.