On Monday, May 28, 2012 11:53:29 AM John Thornton did opine:

> Gene,
>
> The phaseperfect install guide did mention that when you need balanced
> voltage to ground to use a delta wye transformer after their device. So
> I have to assume they are out there but so far my google only turns up
> descriptions of the beast.
>
> John

These people have made transformers for me several times, at what I
considered at the time to be great prices, considering it was usually
needed yesterday if not before.  Dating back to 1985, none of the 3
replacements they made me for that old GE transmitter has ever failed.
Good stuff.

<http://www.harbachelectronics.com/main/page_xfmr_quote.html>

This is an arm of Peter Dahl, (or vice-versa) and their products use modern
grain oriented steel laminations, which made their product more efficient
by far than the 1950's style OEM transformer it was replacing AND about
half the weight because of the improved efficiency.

The most recent, and smallest one they made had about a 10kw rating, a
plate transformer for the 5kw rated driver cabinet of a 35kw rated big box,
came in the door at less than $2k at the time, and in only 10 days, which
is now about 15 years back up the log.  How they might compete today, I
have no clue, but they have been keeping broadcasters with old transmitters
on the air for at least 50 years.

I'd be interested in what your quote might be.

Cheers, Gene
Eat drink and be merry, for tomorrow they may make it illegal.