On 15 June 2012 06:58, Viesturs Lācis <viesturs.la...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Unfortunately it requires relatively larger power supply with higher
> current output.

This is a problem with motors like the Keling ones, with a 48V rated voltage.
It is far simpler to make a 300V PSU than a 48V one. Simply rectifying
mains voltage into a big capacitor makes a PSU that the 8i20 is happy
with.

Those Keling motors have a 500V / 1 min rating. I don't know if that
meas that they can run indefinitley on a 300V PWM (with a 48V
"average" or not). In the US I suppose a rectified-mains PSU would be
around 150V which sounds more reasonable. (only 3x rated voltage, and
it is conventional to run steppers at that sort of overvoltage)

--
atp
If you can't fix it, you don't own it.