On Tue, Jul 17, 2012 at 4:56 AM, Yishin Li <y...@araisrobo.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 17, 2012 at 5:27 PM, Joseph Chiu <joec...@joechiu.com> wrote:
>
>> Yishin, what was that Beagle Bone running?
>>

> Joseph,
>
> It's with Ubuntu 12.04 armhf.
> The detail installation guide is here: http://elinux.org/BeagleBoardUbuntu
> And, this is my note about installing headless LinuxCNC on BeagleBone:
> https://sites.google.com/a/araisrobo.com/en/linuxcnc/build-for-beagle
>
> Cheers,
>
> Yishin

I just got delivery of a Raspberry Pi (B) ... runs ARM code and there is a
debian distribution for it.  Just not enough I/O available to make it a
rational LinuxCNC machine :(

It has composite video and HDMI video available, 2port USB for whatever
(keyboard, mouse, external drives, bluetooth, whatever you want),
and boots and runs from an SD card.  There is also a 'camera' interface
and a few GPIO pins (haven't checkd them out yet), a 'sound' port to plug
in an amplifier for audio and over the HDMI.
Power is via a 5v micro USB connector. needs 700mA.
JTAG interface pins, 10/100 ethernet port (standard connector),
a few status led's for 'der blinken lights'.  Ethernet is Broadcom so
don't expect detailed chip info, but it should 'just work' with appropriate
drivers.  Runs ARM11 processor at 800MHz

Info on raspberrypi.org

... Still I think I can find some uses for it (other than a toy, that
it is now).