On Thursday 19 July 2012 08:05:05 Mark Wendt did opine:

> On Wed, Jul 18, 2012 at 8:47 PM, Gene Heskett <ghesk...@wdtv.com> wrote:
> > <snippage>
> > My new rework station from X-Tronix came in today, but I've not
> > plugged it in just yet.  But the part I've been battling to make for
> > the 3rd time now is done except for a pin hole and a slot in the
> > extension so I can pin it from rotating while I adjust the nylock
> > bearing adjuster nut.  Once I get the station ready, I speed my
> > feedback to the spindle up about 100x by changing that 10uf filter
> > cap out for a .2 paper/mylar.  That should help considerably.
> >
> > Cheers, Gene
>
> Have you had a chance to fire up the rework station yet?  Interested in
> hearing how it works.

No, there are some screws in the bottom to restrain the air pump and which
must be removed else the pump will be damaged, and I've not removed them
yet.  Maybe today.  Interestingly, it came with a magnifying work lamp on a
flexible goose-neck and a base heavy enough it won't fall over, a spare
heater for both handles, and a bag of tips for the iron in quite a few
different shapes, so I won't need tips for a while, plus a bag of nozzles
for the HA.  I need to read the blather sheets again, the holder for the HA
handle obviously mounts someplace I haven't found yet.  Nice set of
tweezers for handling teensy stuff, and a couple tools I've not yet
discovered what they are to be used for.  There is even a screw stuck in
the styro that I assume needs to be used to assemble something.  All in
all, for $150+ship, it looks pretty complete, just add your fav 3% silver
solder, a few tablespoons of water in the sponge and go right to work after
proper assembly.

When I do, I'll file a report.  :)

Cheers, Gene
Veni, Vidi, VISA: