> > The docs on DEFAULT_VELOCITY do not mention that it is not used
> > in trivalkins but is in others. We should add that.
> > It does mention this for DEFAULT_ACCELERATION…
>
> I don't think there is any harm in putting the parameter in the INI,
> and it can avoid this rather confusing problem.
> I just tried the sample gantry config and that shows the same problem
> if you turn the jog speed up to max.
>
> > It seems gantrykins is buggy? I would consider adding it to PNCconf but
> > didn't think it was really 100%
>
> Gantrykins itself is perfectly OK (it isn't complicated enough to have
> bugs) but it does expose some limitations and problems with the way
> LinuxCNC handles non-trivial kins. It would almost make sense to have
> a nearly-trivial-kins setting.
>
> --
> atp

It doesn't hurt to add the commands in the INI other then its confusing for
users when they see them (while using trivalkins) when they don't do anything.

The sample comfig is confusing too. no comments in it :(
for instance in the TRAJ section one sees :

MAX_ANGULAR_VELOCITY = 360.00
DEFAULT_ANGULAR_VELOCITY = 36.00
MAX_LINEAR_VELOCITY = 1.00

In our docs these are all setting for AXIS in the DISPLAY section.

Are they also for the TRAJ section or are they in the wrong section?

Chris M