Ron,

Email below received from Brian on 8/14/2009 - V4 development had been
going on for sometime by that date..

8/14/2009 on the Mach3 Yahoo Group email list...

Terry didn't tell you that we where able to speed up the Probing :)
There are many things that we will see befitting from this that you
would NEVER think would have any effect.. The fact is that Art and I
both knew that there was a major amount of time dedicated to the OpenGL
and now we can tell OpenGL to bugger off if it thinks it is going to
take to much time away from Mach3. I have some OEM work that I need to
get done and as soon as that is finished I am going to make an other big
push on V4 now that I have the darn Toolpath worked out.. and I will
also start to get the Lathe screen changed over to the new way of doing
it..

Feeling good that we got a chance to report something good and that we
are getting there!

Thanks
Brian
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

>>Mach4, as it will ship, has only been underway since the first of this
year,

Now that..  is bullshit and you know it...   Sure, I know Mach4 development has
been restarted a couple of times,
but don't tell me that the current rev is a complete rewrite since Jan..

 >>They have work to do and dont sit around and post

on mail lists or chat rooms. And these numbers are based on dollars
spent, not surverys of mail lists.<<

I've been working 60+ hours per week on 3 different contracts..  yet we both
had time to
write some commentary.

>>It is intended the first version, Mach-lite, will ship in September.

Good..  I am looking forward to it.  But, as you know, Mach3 V4 has missed more
than a couple of ship dates, (Don't prompt me to retrieve further emails....)
so if Sept. comes and goes and it doesn't ship, no one will go into shock... ;-)

>>That can only be labeled bullshit. There are many hardware vendors, all
doing quite well selling their products with Mach. Some are selling more
in a month that messa is selling in a year. Again, they are out there
doing business, not chatting on mail lists.
<<

No, that is an opinion.  And you missed my point.  Brian and crew have spent a
lot of time
trying to be everything to everyone and I'm not so sure that is possible in the
current
environment.  By being everything to everyone, Brian dilutes his resources to
the point where nothing gets done/finished.
(My proof - 4 years working on Mach3 V4)
He would be better off doing a Mach3 V4 LPT port version with Arts driver and
an Ethernet Smoothstepper version so something
works really well out of the box and then start supporting everyone else.
Maybe that is really the plan anyway.. I'm not in a position to know.

>>Some are selling more in a month that messa is selling in a year.

I seriously doubt that.  But what does that matter?

>>I hope this 'mine is bigger than yours' drivel has been amusing to you all.

Proof again that you missed my points.  Oh well.

Hang in there Ron, I know it has been a rough ride, but I sincerely hope that
Mach3 V4 materializes as there are places were I may be able to use it.
It has been frustrating as a user to watch Mach3 stagnate and wither.  I am
sure as an involved developer, the frustration has been even greater.

Dave