On Tuesday 21 August 2012 18:57:53 John Stewart did opine:

> All:
>
> I had the Draftsight registration issue, too. I also like to be able to
> do CAD drawing on my laptop, without an internet connection.
>
> I got QCAD for my mac. Seems to work; it works better than my knowledge
> of CAD 2D drawing is, anyway!
>
> If Draftsight is giving their software away, why bother about the arcane
> licensing issue? When will they revoke the license? At least with QCad,
> I own it until the cows come home.
>
> (I don't like paying for SW, but as a recent paid app developer, I enjoy
> when people pay for my app!)
>
> JohnS.

QCad may be ok for 2d stuff, but making physical parts out of the raw
material is 3d work.  Toss in that nothing on this planet can takes its
output and make cgode out of it and my interest takes a running swan dive
off the 3 meter board & lands in a painful belly flop.

It, due to my being a rank newbie at any sort of cad, doesn't seem like I
should waste my time on something that can't be cobbled up and fed to
something else to firm up the code, & that code then to a gcode generator.

I will try to take the time to learn something that CAN do end to end
design, but haven't found that just yet.

Cheers, Gene
If A = B and B = C, then A = C, except where void or prohibited by law.
                -- Roy Santoro