On Wednesday 22 August 2012 01:32:45 Glenn Edwards did opine:

> I have downloaded DraftSight and registered it.  However, I also have a
> current paid subscription to SolidWorks, from Dassault as well.  I have
> never had a problem with registering for their products and they are
> very reputable in the CAD industry.   Also, both products work quite
> well when my computer is not connected to the internet so I am not sure
> how they can take something back that they have given for free.  Future
> updates is an issue, of course, but no one is forced to upgrade.  I
> receive no money from Dassault, and never have.  Just my two bits
> worth.
>
> Glenn

I nuked that .deb a few hours ago.  Maybe someday I'll try again.  Success
will likely depend on me killing the spam rule I installed because I had
tried to register it a couple years ago & that registration email got lost
by verizon.net.  One of the many reasons I bailed & put the phone and the
net on the local cable folks, 100's of times more dependable.

> On Tue, Aug 21, 2012 at 3:24 PM, John Stewart <alex.stew...@crc.ca>
wrote:
> > All:
> >
> > I had the Draftsight registration issue, too. I also like to be able
> > to do CAD drawing on my laptop, without an internet connection.
> >
> > I got QCAD for my mac. Seems to work; it works better than my
> > knowledge of CAD 2D drawing is, anyway!
> >
> > If Draftsight is giving their software away, why bother about the
> > arcane licensing issue? When will they revoke the license? At least
> > with QCad, I own it until the cows come home.
> >
> > (I don't like paying for SW, but as a recent paid app developer, I
> > enjoy when people pay for my app!)
> >
> > JohnS.

Cheers, Gene
Those who can, do; those who can't, simulate.