Is an option, but the machine has more joints, like B and C, coordinated
too, for more complex geometries, varying winding angles, tape width,
diferent layups patterns, etc, that i have implemented outside (in a
spreadsheet no very well automated!), machine manufacturers have gone in
this way.
I think this problem is interesting to solve for any multiaxis gadget.
Regards
Rick