This thread lately about g-code remapping, has brought back to mind a problem I
have, that I've just been working around.
But maybe someone might have a better way. We have some 4 axis routers (XYZW)
that are used for wood carving. Mostly they are used to carve two of something
at the same time. Now I have to generate my xyz code then run it through
something that takes the z and adds an identical w code after it. (x1y1z.5 to
x1y1z.5w.5). How hard would it be to make a custom M or G code that once issued
all Z commands will be exicuted as Z and W commands, until that code is
deactivated by another code that returns normal operation.

Todd Zuercher
mailto:zuerc...@embarqmail.com