Mark Wendt wrote:
>> Getting the monitors working when they are not directly plugged in is still
>> >something of a problem though.
>> >
>> >--
>> >Lester Caine - G8HFL
> Lester,
>
> Generally, I've found monitors tend to work much better when they're
> plugged in...  <VBSEG>

The problem here is 'directly' ...
Many of my machines are remotely managed, so while I have a rack stack in the
garage, the monitors and keyboard are in the comfort of the office ;)
Some machines do not have monitors actually plugged in, and worked perfectly in
the past via VNC, but now need a 'dongle' plugged in to stop the 'desktop'
being
switched off.
The reverse problem here happened with the Intel ITX boards which I've
mentioned
in the past. If the monitor is too high a resolution it can confuse things as
much as not actually having one plugged in :(

--
Lester Caine - G8HFL