On 9/17/2012 6:32 AM, Lester Caine wrote:
> There are perfectly good
> reasons for a lot of what we do, but because it does not fit is someone's view
> of how THEY think things should work we have to bend to that view! KDE4 and
> Gnome3 are a case in point. Technically absolutely no reason that a 'classic'
> -
> 'non-animated' desktop should not be provided but because they want to force
> us
> to change the political decision is to make it as difficult as possible.

Lester:

Not knowing the team developers I can't rule out malevolence but not
fitting into their view seems more likely a matter of indifference on
their part. In an open-source world, it's easy to strike the attitude
"well, if you don't like what we are doing, do it yourself."

In other parts of the Linux biosphere this hasn't been such a bad thing
but in the matter of graphical desktop environments, the underlying
complexities and the inter-dependencies with applications are so great
that it is practically infeasible for every person to roll their own.

Mr. Goodbar sez keep on truckin'.

Regards,
Kent